Log In
User Name

Financial Aid

There are many forms of financial aid to help students pay for the cost of a student exchange program. Scholarships, grants and loans may be available through your home institution. Talk with your financial aid representative at your home institution to find out the eligibility requirements, application procedures and deadlines. Financial assistance is not usually available from the host institution where you will study.


Some host institutions may offer an internship, which is an opportunity to work at a business that is related to your studies. Usually, the business does not pay the student during the internship period; instead, students may receive academic credit from the home institution for their work experience. Meet with your CONAHEC on-campus representative to discuss internship options at the host institution location where you will study.


Foreign countries may have restrictions or rules that affect an exchange student's ability to work while they attend the host institution. For example, exchange students coming to the U.S. may receive a J-1 visa which limits the student to working on-campus only, for a maximum of 20 hours per week. To learn more about student exchange visas, click on a country link below:

Canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp

United States http://exchanges.state.gov/education/jexchanges/participation.htm

Mexico http://www.mexonline.com/visa.htm